If you’re looking to open a franchise, your first order of business is to speak with franchise concepts that are of interest to you. It is equally important, however, to talk to existing franchisees to gain additional insight into what it’s really like to own that franchise.
Contacting current franchisees will give you candid answers to all of your questions. Luckily, for those interested in the fitness industry, the Fitness Together® brand encourages all potential franchisees to speak with current owners about their experience. This includes encouraging potential franchisees to ask about the opportunities and obstacles to the fitness business, giving you the full picture before making a commitment.
Your Current Franchisee Question Checklist May Include:
- Why did you choose to franchise versus opening a small business independently?
- Why did you choose this particular brand for your franchising venture?
- How did you finance your franchise?
- What is your relationship with your franchisor like?
- How many hours a week do you spend working on your business?
- What has been the most rewarding part of being a franchise owner?
- What is the biggest unexpected challenge you’ve faced as a franchise owner?
- What advice would you give someone looking to become a franchise owner?
Through potential franchisors, you will find existing franchisees to ask these questions, and receive the validation you need before you make the investment. Not only will they be there to answer your questions before opening your franchise location, but forming connections within the franchising community can make for great resources down the road.
For any questions a current franchisee cannot answer, you should be able to find answers with the franchise support team. The Fitness Together brand has a world-class support team there to guide franchisees all the way through to opening day and beyond.
The Fitness Together brand offers clients a personalized training experience based on their individual fitness goals. The certified personal trainers provide each client with the accountability, guidance, and motivation they need to succeed.